Following up from my previous blog post about the digital artefact, I have tried to put together a practical illustration of what I’m intending for the artefact to sort of be like.
PLEASE NOTE: When creating projects, the compilation video will only be the final group as a whole, not so much two at a time. The video in step 3 is for illustration purposes only.
- #1. Start with your first instrument – perhaps have people around UOW sing the chorus/verse of their favourite song.
This example utilises my sister who was nice enough to play the beginning ofLake Erie Rainfall by Jim Brickman.
- #2. Second person improvises over the top of the original video. This example is me on a midi keyboard, which in hindsight was a bitch to edit together, because the audio saved into a separate program and wasn’t on the video. Guess I’ll record midi tracks differently in the future…
- #3. Combine the instruments
- #4. 3rd person improvises over the top. I have a cold at the moment, so sorry if it’s a lil dodgy sound wise~
- #5. Combine, and so on so forth. (please forgive me for not listening through this before publishing, and therefore getting the sound levels all over the place.)